SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

11.14.2008

Pasta in Chilli Sauce

After coming to the US, Pasta has become a weekly dinner for us. Atleast once in a week I cook Pasta for dinner. This makes it harder for me. If I cook pasta the same way, my big baby here is not eating. He wants variation. Cooking for him is more work than preparing for a math exam. Every meal must be different and atleast I must not have prepared it within that month. Sometimes I run out of recipes. But to be very honest, many a times my fellow foodies blog have helped me show variations in cooking.Kudos to you!

Pasta in Chilli Sauce

This time it is Pasta with Chilli sauce. This is the same chilli sauce we prepare for Gobi Manchurian (dry). Just added the Pasta and wow! it was spicy. You can reduce the quantity of spice according to your taste. This is yet another very easy and quick to make Pasta recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup pasta (any type)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbspn garlic, minced
1/2 tbspn ginger,finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbspn chilli garlic sauce

Method:

Cook the pasta as given by the manufacturer.

In a pan, add oil. Add cumin seeds.

Now add garlic, ginger. Saute them for few seconds.

Add Onions and saute them.

Add cumin powder and 1 tbspn of water for the spice to cook.

Add pepper powder and chilli garlic sauce. Cook for a minute.

Add the cooked paste and mix well so that each pasta is coated with the sauce.

Makes a great dinner if you are a spice lover.

I am sending this to Presto Pasta Night started by Ruth and this week's host is Nilmandra

15 comments:

Oh God this is just wickedly tempting and makes me crave so much for pasta now...

Lovely Sangeeth, the color is so pretty...

ooh, I love this spicy pasta!

Please visit my place for a treat:

http://teluguruchi.blogspot.com/2008/11/old-post-and-some-sweet-surprises.html

This looks and sounds wonderful...we all love pasta in my family, and while we have some favorite recipes, we enjoy trying out new ones, especially ones with an ethnic flare!

I could almost smell the gorgeous flavours. Great range of spices for pasta with a kick! Thanks for submitting this to Presto Pasta Nights :)

wow that looks so nice sangeetham and am missing u more

that seems like a very simple recipe....will try it for sure....the snap looks appetizing too...

What a lovely way to dress up pasta. A perfect weekday meal solution!

Sounds good for me this one :)

COOL ! I have also a nice blog with recipes for cooking. I am from Slovakia and the site will be translated via google translate.
http://www.irecepty.com/

Chilli pasta quite interesting..love colour n delicious..

Pasta in a manchurian sauce? How cool!

What a fabulous recipe. I love it when cultures collide! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night.

This looks lovely. I've bookmarked your recipe and will try it very soon.

Oooh, I love anything with cumin, and the double dose of seeds and powder sounds incredibly flavorful. Thanks for sharing!