SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.04.2008

Pumpkin Halwa/Kasi Halwa Recipe

Most of the Indians know about Kasi Halwa. It is the most scrumptious halwa which will melt the second you put it in your mouth. This Halwa is done with Ash gaurd/White Poosanika. But, I made this with orange pumpkin also known as parangikai. I think, but I am not sure. Let me know if I am wrong in naming the friut! Yes Pumpkin falls under the friut category! As I am using pumpkin, this goes to my Halloween recipe collection. No! I am not hosting any event. I just want to keep a count of how many recipes I make for Halloween 2008! I have a bet with my husband! ;)



There is an emotional attachment for me to this Pumpkin recipe. Something I will never forget in my life! You may have guessed it by now. Yes! It is the sweet which was served for my marriage. I am blushing! My in laws arranged the best cook in their area to prepare this for our marriage and it was a hit! Everyone, including few of my friends, praised this Kasi halwa recipe!

Here I come with this lovely Pumpkin recipe/Halwa recipe to make your tongue want more!

Ingredients: (Serves 2)

250 grams pumpkin OR 1 cup of grated pumpkin
1 cup ghee/clarified butter
1 cup sugar
Few fried cashews



Method:

Remove the skin of the pumpkin and grate it.

In a pan, fry the pumpkin without adding water. The moisture content in the pumpkin is more than enough to cook the entire recipe.

Make sure the pumpkin losses its moisture. This will take upto 10 min.

Now add the ghee and mix well. Add the sugar, mix well and cook until the ghee oozes out and floats on top. This will take another 5 min.

Now add the fried cashews. Mix well and switch of the stove.

This Kasi Halwa can be served hot or cold. Either way, it tastes divine.

I am sending this to AFAM-Pumpkin which was started by dear Maheshwari and hosted this month by my dear Madhuram.

6 comments:

looks delicious..I made this too recently..

Love this halwa...too tempting..

I like this halwa. will surely try

I have also prepared a variation of this halwa Sangeeth. I used condensed milk and 2 tbspns of MTR Badam Feast powder. It tastes phenomenal. Thanks for the entry.

hi there, can u pls tell me which pumpkin i have to use ?? the yellow one or the white one?

Hey There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. This is a really well written article.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

You are welcome to my blog: Technology Bangladesh