SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

5.22.2008

Mint Chutney


Chutneys are a very basic side dish for many of our Indian snacks, tiffen. Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian, chutneys do with them well. Here I have a recipe of Mint chutney. Personally, I love Mint a lot and they do have medicinal value.

Ingredients:
1 cup of mint leaves washed
1/4 cup of onions
3 flakes of garlic
1-2 Red chilli whole
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of Hing
1tsp urad dal
1tsp channa dal
Salt to taste
1tsp of oil

Method:

In a Pan, add oil and then cumin seeds. After few seconds. Add onion and saute them.
Add red chillies,garlic and fry then for 1 minute. Now add the mint leaves and fry them.
Let it cool. Add to the blender this mixture, salt and blend it by adding little water.
In a pan, add oil and mustard seeds. When the seeds pops, add hing powder , urad dal,channa dal and fry for few seconds.
Add this to the blended mixture and serve hot.

4 comments:

Hi there, my first time here. I didnt know about your event, have you submitted it to Stickyrice? I will update my event calendar. I am also hosting Tried And Tasted Event, we re cooking Carribean this month - up for the challenge? It is about cooking from other blogs, a lot of fun :-)

Wow...the chutney looks yummy!

nice ,..reminded me of chat back at my plce...

yes zlamuksha, I have enterd in stickydate!