SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.31.2008

Homemade Guacamole - An Avocado Dip recipe

To be very frank with you, I didn't know about Guacamole until I started eating at Chipotle, especially the Burrito Bol. Even then, I thought it is some Mexican chutney like recipe. Ignorant me! Only recently when I was searching for this recipe, I came to know that it is made with Avocado. oh! our own little Avocado!

Guacamole with Tortilla

Avocado has a lot of health benefits. I have read so many books emphasizing on how nutritious and healthy Avocado is. So why not try Guacamole at home?, seems to be easy.I made this day before yesterday during snack time to go with my Tortillas. Man, it was awesome.


Ingredients:

1 medium size ripe Avocado
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste

Method:

Peel the Avocado and mash it with a fork.

Add the onions. lemon juice and salt and mix well.

Use this dip as soon as possible as it will get darker after some time.

17 comments:

Guacamole is my all time fav. Great during parties.

Yep, guacamole dip tastes the best, especially when frshly made at home.

i love guacamole .. loved the color

I adore guacamole and you've captured the color perfectly! :)

never ate guacamole, but your bowl is tempting me to try. Nice recipe dear! Happy Halloween and have a great weekend.

I love avocados. Guacamole is one of our fav summer meals because you don't have to cook anything and it's pretty filling, especially if you melt cheese over your corn chips. :)

Hi,it looks yummy and thank u so much for ur comments...

My fav dip...love them like anything..looks delicious sangeeth, lovely colour..

i sometimes get this avocado sandwich from the cafe near my office and its really yummy. Been thinking of replicating it (or atleast trying to) at home :)

One of those simple yet delicous recipes. I like to add a little bit of corriander in mine....

I too love guacamole. I make mine extra spicy with a little bit of garlic and green chilies :)

wow Sangeetha this dip is so easy and quick to make.Here we get lot of avocado but I was not sure what to do with them as they are very high in calorie and people use it to apply to their hair for nourishment ))strange .
....do you know any more recipe which can utilize this in many more ways.Your blog is great.

Is Avocado fruit (from which Guacamole is prepared) available in India. If so where?

Sandeep

@sandeep,

I am not sure about India..may be you can try in super markets or the reliance grocery shops...it must be available I think..