SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

9.14.2008

Eggless Apple Almond Cookies


Sometimes when you try something new and if it is a hit, you really feel proud. I am writing this post with a pride to share my Apple Almond Cookies recipe. It is a very simple cookie recipe which tastes great. I never thought apple will give such a flavour to the cookies. If you are a cookie lover, I suggest you to try this. You will never regret. I also made Strawberry Apple Cookies with the leftover apple cookie dough, whose recipe will be posted soon. So do not forget to check out my recipe index.

Apple cookies

When I saw this 'Egg replacement' event hosted by dear Madhuram, I knew I had to participate. But, not with a usual recipe. I wanted to try something different. Atleast for me Apple cookies is very different from the usual ones and instead of eggs, I used silken tofu. If you are a egg lover, you can use eggs instead of tofu. I am also sending this to Hima's Sunday Snacks



Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 egg OR 1/4 cup Silken Tofu
1/4 cup Almonds

Apple Almond Cookies

Method: (Eggless)

In a bowl add the silken tofu, butter and sugar and mix them well.

1/4 cup blended silken tofu = 1 egg. Whiz in a blender until completely smooth and creamy, leaving no graininess or chunks.

Now add baking soda,salt,flour, vanilla essence and mix them well.

You can grate the apple after peeling or you can also blend it without adding water.

Add apple and chopped almonds. You can use a blender to chop almonds too. But be careful not to make it powdery.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F for 10 min.

In a cookie sheet, place the dough in whatever shape you want and bake them at 375 degree F for 12 to 15 min. Mostly 12 min is enough.

Allow them to cool for 5 min and then store it in an air tight container and enjoy!

This is my first time making cookies with silken tofu.I have made eggless cookies but I do not use any egg substitutes. Silken Tofu is a good substitute for egg.You must try it.

Egg lovers you still can make these Apple Almond cookies with eggs. For making these cookies with egg, you just have to beat the eggs with sugar and butter until they blend well and all the other steps are the same.

7 comments:

Hi!
Making cookies made easy from now !
that's a very easy recipe!!!!!

very interesting recipe sangeeth. never thought of using apples in cookies.

ooh.. apple cookies looks great sangeeth,ur posting different varieties keep it up

Yours is the first entry for the event Sangeeth. Thank you very much. Ya, apple cookies really sound very different and healthy too. I guess if you had left more space between 2 cookies they would have not stuck. My lace cookies also got stuck like this only.

Thanks all.

Yes madhu, my first batch got stuck but my second batch came out nicely :).As you said space was the problem.

Sounds delicious,like the idea of apple in cookies ...

Thanks for such a wonderful entry sangeeth. Will see you at roundup.