SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

9.15.2008

Strawberry Apple Almond Cookies - A simple and easy cookie made from Leftovers!

And finally! Here is my recipe for Strawberry Apple Almond Cookies. I made these with the left over apple cookie dough. I have never seen strawberry and apple combo in cookies. The apple almond cookies were really tasty. I had left out with a little amount of dough which would make me around 6 more cookies. But, when I opened the fridge I had some strawberries that needed to be used asap. I don't know why but strawberries in my fridge get spoiled very quickly!

Cookies

So here I go thinking of what to do with this and suddenly became brave enough to try out this combo. I was 100% skeptical with this idea. I was worried if the cookies will be more fruity/ very sweet. Not sure of the taste. But, what the heck, my cookies, I am going to eat. With that encouraging thought, I started chopping strawberries.

Half an hour later, I was digging into those lovely cookies watching my favorite TV show on the Internet! Ya, life without a TV sucks. But hey we have Internet - the life saver! I was very impressed with my decision of making these combo cookies. No regrets. They were extraordinary. Even better than the apple cookies, I would say. Sometimes, these trials become a mega hit. With this pride, I am sending this recipe to Original Recipe event and also to Hima's Sunday Snacks.

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
1/2 cup strawberry, grated
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 egg OR 1/4 cup Silken Tofu
1/4 cup Almonds

Strawberry and Apple Cookies

Method:

In a bowl add the silken tofu, butter and sugar and mix them well.

1/4 cup blended silken tofu = 1 egg. Whiz in a blender until completely smooth and creamy, leaving no graininess or chunks.

Now add baking soda,salt,flour, vanilla essence and mix them well.

You can grate the apple after peeling or you can also blend it without adding water.

Add apple,grated strawberry and chopped almonds. You can use a blender to chop almonds too. But be careful not to make it powdery.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F for 10 min.

In a cookie sheet, place the dough in whatever shape you want and bake them at 375 degree F for 12 to 15 min. Mostly 12 min is enough.

Allow them to cool for 5 min and then store it in an air tight container and enjoy!

Egg lovers you still can make these Strawberry Apple Almond cookies with eggs. For making these cookies with egg, you just have to beat the eggs with sugar and butter until they blend well and all the other steps are the same.

5 comments:

You're right, I haven't seen this combo in a cookie either.
Thank you for sharing your delicious revelation with the Original Recipes Round-Up!

Hmm..strawberries in a cookie..?that too leftover cookie dough..so brave of you!!I am sure it would have tasted yummy..!!

Sangeeth, that's an innovative n successful attempt- lovely plate full of SAAC's!!

I LOVE almond cookies, I will give this a try!

Amazing and hmmmmmm tasty combination. I will try it too!!!