SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

1.08.2009

Vegetable Burger - Easy and quick method

For the past few weeks, I have been craving burgers. I do not like to eat burgers outside mostly because they use meat and cheese in the preparation. I wanted to try out a simple vegetable burger at home which is less in calories and also more tasty. To start with, the first thing that came to my mind was Potatoes. So I prepared Potato cutlet to go in between the burger buns.

Vegetable Burger

The Potato cutlet is a very easy recipe. But the problem with my cutlet was, it was not stiff enough. Though I used bread crumbs and squeezed out excess water from the vegetables, the cutlet was not stiff enough to hold its shape while eating. Who cares? I am not serving a party. I was completely satisfied with the taste. So if you are trying out this recipe for a party or to serve someone else, do take care to be sure that the cutlet would hold its shape. If anyone knows any tips for this please share it.

Ingredients:

2 Burger buns
1/2 cup chopped lettuce
1/4 cup length wise chopped onions
4 thin slices of tomatoes

For the cutlet:

2 medium potato, boiled and peeled
1/4 finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
Oil to shallow fry

Method:

In a bowl, mash the boiled potatoes.

Add all the other ingredients and mix well with hands.

Make small balls with this mixture and make flat round shape.

Roll this on the bread crumbs.

In a pan, add some oil and shallow fry these cutlets until they are cooked.

Place 1 half of burger bun, add some lettuce, onions and tomatoes on top.

Place the cutlet on top of it and add some more lettuce.

Cover it with t he other half of the burger bun and serve with ketchup.

14 comments:

Great looking burger.Whenever i used to make cutlet i thought of making a burger too,but haven't tried yet,your recipe is tempting me to try.BTW who cares about the look..yet the pic is perfect.

Burger looks nice Sangeeth..:)
You can add little more mashed potatoes(really dried) and some cornflour to make it stiff..That way it wont fall off and cornflour will make it crispy as well..:)

Cravings for burgers... hmmm... What can I say! ;)

Looks nice Sangeeth, whole wheat bread/bun enna aachu?

looks yummy ....for stiffness like someone said try using cornflour.it has worked for me. i have tried cutlet with maida instead of potato(can see in my blog- nut cutlet) that was stiff too.

yummy .... I think taste, delicious and health

Lovely burgers..i try these burgers with variety of cutlets stuffing since my daughter is burger crazy!!!
Raw onions u added to the potatoes might be one of the reasons since onions leave out moisture you can either saute the cutlet ingredients and then make cutlet or simply add 2 tbsps of bread crumbs/maida/rice powder to give the stiff cutlets...I hope this would help. But whatever it is...the taste matters the most!!!

Sangeeth,
Wet 2 slices of bread,squeeze out the water completely and add to the potato mixture.Cutlets hold the shape.Cornflour works well too.

Hmmm.....yummy.....
Go Veg, Go Green, Save Our World
http://www.kafedaun/com

wonderful treat here sangeeth... love bergers all time favrt for me and my kids.

Hey, I was also craving for burgers and got hamburger buns yesterday. Im going to try mine with chickpeas though. The picture has come out well.

i too always make them at home only for ourselves n kids, as we r vegetarian... N kids simply love them...

yummy vegi burger .. very unique .. thanks also for the post

Yummy Vegi Burger ,Looking so amazing. Hmmmmmmmmm. I Love Burger.

I was looking for a recipe and came across your site. This site is great! I have already bookmarked you. Thanks for the hard work!
cooking with emotions