SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

11.11.2008

A Kid friendly Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe

Thanksgiving is around and I hope all are getting into the holiday mood. It is always a holiday mood for me. Sitting at home has its perks - you know what I mean. Though few of my friends have asked for Turkey recipes, (which I will be posting soon) it is always good to eat something vegetarian or vegan when it comes to festivals. Hope you all agree.


Banana Dosa - Thanksgiving dessert recipe

When I was browsing through some Thanksgiving recipes, I came across this scrumptious banana dessert recipe. It is a recipe from vahrehvah. I made a variation in the presentation, but followed the exact recipe. This recipe consists of nuts, banana and is fully packed with nutrients that is required for kids. I bet kids will love them too.

Ingredients:

4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped raisins
1/4 cup nuts(cashews,Almonds etc)
1/4 cup sugar
few drops of Ghee (Clarified Butter)

Method:

In a bowl, mash the bananas.

Add all the ingredients and mix well. The consistency of the dough must be like a paste but not very loose.

In a griddle/Tawa, add a cup of this dough, spread it to a small round (more like your pancakes).

Add ghee to this and cook both sides in a medium flame.

Note: Cook carefully as this easily get burned. so cook it in a medium or even sim flame.

You can serve this with any chutneys or eat it without any accompaniment.

Banana Dosa - Thanksgiving dessert recipe
I used a cookie cutter and made banana man, I am sure kids will fall in love with this man. A perfect dessert for kids of all ages (which includes us too). It is very tempting to eat little men! oh! now I have started eating men too. lol!

6 comments:

Cute banana man:) The dessert sounds easy and good!

that design you created on the plate looks cute..
regarding your question on tee painting,,,will try to do step by step procedure and post it soon..

Simple snack for kids .. gud way to use bananas .. if they are slightly over ripe ..

its really too good! that banana man is so cute! soon will try it!

Join in the sweet series going in my blog!

Sangeeth, I was craving for some sweet without chocolate and easy to make, this looks like an ideal one. Looks very tasty too...

hi samgeeth, this is a childhood treat that mom used to make for me normally for breakfast. i do miss eating it, thanks for the recipe.....