SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.08.2008

Navaratri Series - Saraswathi Pooja, Day 9

Hiya! It is Saraswathi pooja! Apart from the variety of food that will be cooked for this occasion, the best part of saraswathi pooja is 'Not touching your books'. As a kid, I have longed for all the days to be this day! Getting up early morning, having your bath and starting to clean the house is what every one will do on this day. Me no exception.

With kumkum in one had and sandanam (sandal) in the other, I used to roam around my house! Keeping them on my cupboards,books,TV etc, it is lot of fun! After which I wait for my mother to finish making the vadas, so that we can do the pooja and then its party time! I will complete most of the vadas before lunch time. Oh! I miss the saraswathi pooja celebration at my parent's.

Here in US, today I made Carrot Kheer and Vadas for Prasadams. Yes no sundal today! This whole week has been full of high calorie food at my house. I am planning to balance it out next week. hmm let me see!

To prepare Carrot Kheer, you will need,

Shredded Carrot - 1 cup
Ghee/Clarified butter - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cup
Few Fried cashews
Whole cardamom - 2



Method:

In a pan, add ghee and then add the whole cardamom.

Add the shredded carrot and saute for some time and then add milk.

Cook the carrot in milk.

Now add sugar and mix well.

Add the fried cashews and mix.

Serve hot or cold. I loved it after refrigerating it for 30 mts. It is a perfect dessert.

Do check out my Navaratri series recipes.

9 comments:

Happy Saraswati pooja, the kheer looks so yummy!

I have only had carrot halwa, not kheer, will try this:-)

Happy Dusshera Sangeeth..

I tagged u for Meme..check it out at: http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/10/meme.html

Happy Dusshera to You and Your Family Sangeeth!!!!

Carrot kheer looks yumm yumm and delicious

kheer looks delicious..nice colour..happy dusshera

Happy Dassera to u and ur family. Kheer looks so delicious.. lovely color.

Happy Dasara Sangeeth..Kheer looks mouthwatering

Oh we make carrot kheer too...its one of my fav. now you have tempted me to make some myself:)

thru ur blog I am getting idea that navratri is going on. In US I dont get to know abt Indian festival..