SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

9.03.2008

Vinayaka/Ganesh Chaturthi Celebration and recipes

I know today is one of the most busiest days for Hindus. Doing Pooja, cleaning house and decorating Lord Ganesh! I know there is a lot of work. But when you do all these with love, you will never feel tired. This is what happened with me. Today my day started at 9.00AM. After packing lunch for my husband, I started to clean the house. My house was so clean that I had to spend 3 hrs cleaning!!! Then I took my bath and started preparing the Prasadams. I know its too early, but I had a lot to do. Starting at 1.30PM I first prepared the savories, then the sweets. At 5.00PM got dressed and decorated Lord Ganesha and started my Pooja. After 1 hr of Pooja, I am now free to write about my day as a post.



Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi to all!



Vinayaka chaturthi Recipes :

Sweet Kozhukattai
Kara Kozhukattai
sweet Pongal
Ven Pongal
Medu Vada
Thenguzhal
Ribbon beda
Cheedai
Manopu
Sundal

Check out my Recipe Index for all the above recipes.

Hmm... it took around 3.30hrs for me to prepare all the above items from the scratch. Pretty tiring, but I enjoyed preparing them. I'll post all the recipes soon.





Once again Happy Vinayakar chaturthi!

10 comments:

Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi to you too Sangeeth! Looks like you made a lot of savouries. Yum!

Hi Sangeeth,

Lovely recipes, I have some good news for u at my blog...do visit

http://cornstarch.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/my-first-award/

cheers
Anitha

everythin looks good,..so much u prepared,..:-)hppy ganesha chaturthi....

everythin looks good,..so much u prepared,..:-)hppy ganesha chaturthi....

Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi dear:)) Yumm yumm SAvouries

Happy Ganehsa Chaturthi Sangeeth.

Happy Vinayaka Chathurthi. What a spread. Very tempting.
We make only the Vella and Uppu Kozhakkatai. Cheedai is for Gokulashtami for us.

@ all,

Thanks.
@ aparna,
even for us cheedai is for gokulashtami. I didnt prepare anything this time for krishna jeyanthi so tht of preparing all for vinayaka chaturthi :)

Happy Ganesh chaturthi Sangeeth...so many things..lot of work you have done :) gud going