SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

12.23.2008

Pani Poori - The King of Indian Chat

Pani Poori - This is one of the most famous Indian Chat recipe that many die for. I really can't explain the taste of this recipe. You must experience it. The combination of sweetness and sourness makes this recipe unique and stand out from rest of the crowd. It is made differently in each part of India. For example, the Gujaratis make this more sweeter.

Pani Poori recipe

Ok now you may ask me where can I eat this? The best place to eat this is from roadside shops in India. Oh! of course we cannot find road side shops in other countries,especially in the US and UK. So here is a homemade recipe of Pani Poori to satisfy your cravings. You must give this a try. The best chat I have ever eaten! I know many will join me in this statement.

Ingredients:

To make Poori:

1 cup of suji(Semolina) (makes more than 50 pooris)
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp of all purpose flour
warm water
oil

Pani Poori Recipe

To make Pani:

Cold water
1 cup tamarind juice
1/2 tsp Black salt or chatt masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp of pepper power
1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
1/2 tsp of sugar
few cilantro and mint leaves - crush them in a blender

For stuffing:

Boiled chick peas
chopped boiled potatoes
Boondi
Yogurt

Pani Poori Recipe


Method:

To make Poori:

In a bowl add the suji(Semolina) and salt. Mix well.

Add warm water and mix.

Add the AP flour and mix well.

Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes.

The dough must be a tight dough.

Add few drops of oil to the dough and knead for 4-5 min and rest it for 15-20 minutes.

In a table/where you are going to roll the puri, apply oil and take dough and roll it to a very thin dough.

Take a bottle cover/cutter which cuts the dough into small round shape.

In oil, deep fry these pooris. They have to puff like balloons.

To make Pani:

In a bowl, add cold water and the tamarind juice. Add all the other ingredients required for making pani.

Mix well.

How to eat Pani Poori:

This is the best part. I bet when you start eating you can never stop.

Take 1 poori, crack open so that you can add the fillings.

Add 1 tsp of all the stuffing ingredients mentioned.

Dip the Poori into the Pani and immediately take it to your mouth.

Eat each poori as a whole to get this recipe right.

Repeat this process till you are out of Pooris.

Writing about this makes me drool. Do let me know if you have tried this recipe at home.

9 comments:

Oh..wow wow..Reminds me of my Pune days,when I used to attack this..:)

i love pani puri ... photos looks very tempting

Love love love Paani puri... how I miss all those road side paani puri carts!

i wish i could grab that puri form the first picture and pop it into my mouth...looks tempting..

hey what a coincidence .last weekend only i made pani puri's n yesterday only i drafted my post..
And the best part, my recipe is almost the same as yours., do check out 'll post it soon.
Its really yummy...

sangeeth..this is the method my aunt used to prepare pani poori....learnt it from her very recently....unfortunately......i am not able to prepare it......i am enjoying having yours......drooling one.....perfect

I recently made pani puris at home. They came out perfect too... Looks really yummy...

i like pani poori but not yet tried in my home will surely try this time.
htp://www.chennaimoms.com

I Love... Pani Puri. my best part of my Recipes.