SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

11.18.2008

Spaghetti for Thanksgiving dinner!

As I told in my yesterday's post, here is the Spaghetti and vegetable balls recipe. Actually, whenever I hear the word Spaghetti I automatically think of meat balls. Assuming that the recipe would taste awesome, I wanted to make a vegetarian version of it. I do remember Cham of Spiceclub making Spaghetti and Soy balls sometime before. The thing is, my husband is not a great fan of soy products. Leaving me no choice but to try vegetable balls.

Spaghetti and Vegetable Balls

To be honest, they did taste very good and now have joined my regular dinner list. I am really amazed at myself for trying out stuff. I am a lazy person for whom cooking was a chore. But now, I am inspired by so many to try out different varieties of food.

Let me give you the recipe,

Ingredients:

1 cup spaghetti
1 cup of vegetables, fine chopped (carrots,beans,cabbage,celery etc)
1 cup boiled rice OR 1 egg
3 tbsp chili paste
3 chopped green chillies
1 tbspn chopped garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp corn flour
1 large ginger, finely chopped
Oil to fry
1 medium onion
2 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup spring onions


Method:

Add little water and steam the finely chopped minced vegetables in a pan. Steam it for 2 min and drain the vegetables by squeezing and store the water for making the sauce. This water is like vegetable stock so do not throw them away.

In a bowl add the cooked vegetables, salt, few chopped green chillies,pepper powder,ginger,soy sauce,chili paste,corn flour and mix well.

Now you can either use egg or 1 cup of boiled rice to this mixture to make small dumplings.

In a pan, heat the oil and deep fry these dumplings.

Note: If the dumpling breaks, add some more boiled rice to the mixture.

To make sauce:

In a pan, add oil. Add cumin seeds, chopped garlic and ginger.

Add onion and saute them.

Add green chili, pepper powder, soy sauce, a pinch of sugar and chili sauce.

Add the vegetable stock, required amount of salt.

Let it come to a boil.

Now, add the vegetable dumplings and coat them with this sauce.

Meanwhile cook the spaghetti as per the instruction. Serve hot with this vegetable balls and a perfect Thanksgiving Dinner is ready, the vegetarian way!

11 comments:

wareh wah! u r getting ready for thanks giving day celebrations!

the recipe was awesome and that stunning pic stole my heart!

Indian spaghetti and "meat"balls! I love it! Everything you post looks so wonderful. I know a vegan woman who said that she couldn't be a vegan as easily if she didn't have Indian spices to cook with. :)

Looks nice, I have tried it with a different kind of veggie balls recipe. Loved it, don't know why I never did it again!

Veggie balls... what a good idea! BTW - the last thing I would call you is a lazy cook. You have moved well past that!

I'm so happy to hear that you are inspired to try new stuff.

That's a neat recipe :) I have something for you here : http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-is-all-i-can-say.html

You blog looks very beautiful and recipes are wonderful.

Thanks
Santanu
I Blog @ www.manidipa-kitchen.blogspot.com

Woh !! Spaghetti with meat balls is one of my favourite dish.It look very beautiful & yummy.Keep on posting your updated.
Indian Restaurants in Morecambe

I love Indian food, it's probably my favorite! I recently went to a few indian restaurants in Calgary near where I live, and they were great, very similar to what you have here, I'll have to try this!

Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
Check my website here www.dinenshare.com