SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

12.11.2008

Ragi Dosa - A healthy Treat

Eat Healthy - Fight Diabetes event is a great source of healthy recipes. I still have to try out a lot of recipes from that. To start with, I made Ragi Dosa of Srilekha's. I added some vegetables to make it more healthy. I must say, Ragi dosa did taste like normal dosa and I found it even more tastier with Chilli sauce than any chutney. Ha! Chilly(Silly) me!


Ragi Dosa

Since it has ragi (Finger millet), vegetables I am sending this to my eat healthy during pregnancy contest. Ragi is very good source of amino acid methionine. A great food which helps us to maintain our weight too. What else can a girl ask for? So here comes Ragi Dosa recipe, my version.


Ingredients:

1 cup Ragi flour
2 cups of Dosa batter (Chk out how to make dosa batter here)
1/2 cup onions, chopped finely
1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped finely
1 tbspn of corn (you can use frozen corn)
1/2 cup vegetables of your choice(I used carrots,spinach)
2-3 tsp of oil
Salt to taste (As the dosa batter will already have salt, be careful with the amount)
few chopped curry leaves
few chopped cilantro
few chopped nuts(optional)

Ragi Dosa

Method:

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and let it rest for 2 min.

In a Tawa/Griddle, add 1 tbspn of the batter, spread it and make a round shape.

Add 1 tsp of oil, Cook for 1 min and turn. Cook for another 30 sec.

Check if both sides are cooked. Repeat this process until you are out of batter.

Serve hot with Chilly sauce or chutney.

5 comments:

I have had Raagi dosai without all the frills, mixing it with dosai batter is something I have not done before. Sound even more healthy and nutritious. Way to go!
Looks great with all the veggies!

I have to say I need to keep looking in my Indian cookbook to see what some of those ingredients are. :}

Hi Sangeeth,
thanks for the prompt reply. will check those links later, as my lappy is giving me a tough time as of now. :P
nice dosa....where do u end uo buying ragi from there..cn't find them here..:(

Illa Sangeeth... I took the pics before you told me about the watermark in the center, and I could not cut off the ends to take off the text.... that is why.
Next time I am posting one, I will do the watermark in the center just like you suggested.

Awesome dosai recipe!! Love the idea of adding ragi flour. :)