SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.21.2008

Pasta with marinara sauce - An Italian Delight!

When we were shopping the other day, we couldn't move beyond the sauces aisle. Just because I had a packet of Pasta at home, I cannot compel my husband to but pasta sauce to go with it. But I did. He tried his level best, but I didn't move from that place. What can he do? If I was a 5 year old, I would have been dragged from that place. But I am ...(Oh! didn't you know the rule? You can't expect a girl to write her age.) and it is difficult to drag me (my weight comes into picture, another number which I would never share). So as usual, ended up buying Marinara sauce.



Pasta with Marinara sauce, a typical Italian recipe. But did it taste Italian? I can't say, but it sure was edible and there was no leftover. Meaning it tasted great! My husband is very picky at what he eats. If he doesn't like, he will not eat it even if I do gimmicks. By the way, I suck at gimmicks.

Here is the recipe of the Pasta with Marinara sauce that I ended up cooking.

Ingredients: (makes for 2)

1/2 packet Pasta, any brand
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 cup of vegetables chopped lengthwise (Carrots,Capsicum,Zucchini)
1/4 cup cheese (optional)
1 medium size onion chopped lengthwise
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Lettuce to garnish




Method:

Cook the Pasta as per the manufacturer's direction.

In a wide pan, add oil and onions. Saute them till they are light brown.

Add the chopped vegetables,salt and pepper. mix well cook till the vegetables are tender.

Now add the Pasta and mix well.

Add the marinara sauce and mix so that the pasta and vegetables are well coated with the sauce.

Garnish it with Lettuce.

Serve hot.

7 comments:

Delicious Pasta Sangeeth...looks yummy...

Ha, ha ha! so your hubby couldn't drag you! Pasta looks fabulous Sangeeth! this is one of my fav.

I buy sauces thinking that i will cook this and that...and one use of these readymade sauces and i feel like wht the hell....i wasted my money,coz they never taste good.jars of such products are resting in my refrigerator and God knows when i will be able to gather courage to try something else so as to consume them
U seems to be luckier,coz u can actually cook something good using sauce...pasta looks lovely !

Yummy pasta. I hope we will get that particular sauce in India. I want to try. Kindly check my blog for a suprise

looks really good, I love pasta baked with cheese and veggies...pure comfort food, I say!

cheers,trupti
the spice who loved me

Simple enough! Nice write up.

hahaha..ella veetlayum adhae kadadhan :) and pasta being a favorite of all at home urs looks lovely and easy... will try it next time. gr8 write up yaar :)