SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.07.2008

Navaratri series - Sweet and Sundal, Day 8

Navaratri is nearing its end. My husband is feeling sad because from tomorrow he won't be getting sundal and sweet daily. It has been like a feast for him every day. After coming from office, the first thing he asks me is 'What have you prepared today?'.

Tomorrow is Saraswati pooja. The one thing I used to love and am still loving about the day is keeping all the books in pooja! Hurray! No studying tomorrow! Only watching TV! As a kid, I bet all of us would have had this thought! Anyways people in US have to wait for another day to enjoy Saraswati Pooja!

Today's Navaratri Prasadam is Corn Sundal and Rava Ladoo.

Corn Sundal:

1 cup Frozen/fresh corn
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp of urad dal
1 tsp of channa dal
2 Dry Red chillies OR Green chillies
Few curry leaves
2 tsp of oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp mustard
A pinch of Hing



Method:

In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds. When it pops add hing powder.

Add the urad and channa dal and saute. Add curry leaves and Red/green chillies.

Add the onions and salt. Saute for few seconds.

Now add the frozen corn. If using fresh corn, cook the corn before adding.

The Corn sundal is ready!

I am sharing the Rava Ladoo as today' Sweet.



Check out my other Navaratri series recipes

2 comments:

Thanks for reminding me about Saraswati Pooja. I rememebr I used to keep my math book, so that I would not have to touch it for next 3 days ;-) Great memeories isn't it?

Nice recipe.

love the corn sundal and the rava laddoo. Corn sundal is new to me. Will try it.