SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

5.05.2008

Oil Free Prawn Recipe

When it comes to cooking non-vegetarian, I am a big zero. I have never cooked non-veg in my life. But I have friends who love non-veg. Here is one such food which is my best friend's favourite. This food (Prawn) is one of the healthy and most delicious sea food, I was told. Prawn, which is one among the sea food, contain about 195mg of cholesterol per 100g meat. Most Indian recipes for making non-veg will include deep frying with oil. But here we have a recipe where in we use no oil for cooking prawn.
Ingredients
500 grams prawns cleaned
1 cup coriander leaves
Few mint leaves
5-6 green chillies (according to your taste)
½ coconut grated (frozen or fresh)
3 tsp of lime juice
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 small piece ginger
Salt to taste
Butter paper to use while steaming.
3-4 flakes of Garlic
Method
Grind all the above ingredients to a paste, except the prawns.
Mix the prawns in the paste.
Allow it to rest for 2min.
Wrap the prawns individually in butter paper.
Steam on either side for 10 minutes.
Serve hot.
This is not my own recipe. This was shared with me by my friend. Hope this works well. Do let me know your experience with this dish.

1 comments:

Great recipe! Prawns are my favorite seafood.