SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

4.03.2008

Rava Dosa - Recipe


I used to tease my mom whenever she prepares rava dosa. Her Rava dosa will always break into pieces and I name it as 'Kuppa Dosa' ( Kuppa in tamil means waste). I used to hate this dish. Recently I was browsing a website named VahRehVah. It is one of the best websites for recipes I have ever come across. It showcases the recipes of the 'vah chef' Sanjay Thumma. It is truly an inspiration to a lot of people. I am one among them. Now coming back to Rava dosa. While I was browsing the website I came across this recipe and wanted to see how these rava dosas always comes extremely good looking in hotels. And Yes! Sanjay had the answer to it. I never thought rava dosa is such delicious dish which can be prepared in a very less time. I'll share the recipe here and also the video where Sanjay explains how to prepare the same.

Ingredients :

1 pinch chopped ginger
1 pinch chopped gr chilli
1 small chopped onion
1 pinch cumin Seeds
1 tsp ghee,butter or oil
1/4 cup maida
1 pinch pepper crushed
1 cup rice flour
1 to taste salt
1 cup sooji,rava,semolina
1/4 cup broken cashews (Optional)
1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro (Optional)




Method:

Mix all ingredients and add water to make thin batter (Buttermilk consistency) and sprinkle over hot non stick pan.

After the batter is nicely set, apply butter or oil over the dosa and wait till its cooked.

Cook this dosa only on one side i.e you need not turn the dosa. Since the batter is very thin both sides of the dosa will be cooked in few seconds.

Serve hot with pickle ,chutney or sambar.


Here is the link for the Video

Happy Cooking !

0 comments: