SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

1.14.2009

Apple Crisps - An Easiest Dessert

Apple Crisps is one of the easiest and tastiest desserts. A couple of weeks back, I had few apples which were starting to rot. I wanted to use them but not in a mood to prepare smoothie or milkshake. When I browsed the Internet, I came across this video. I loved it and wanted to try it. This dessert is very simple and when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, takes you to heaven. A perfect party dessert and you can store it in an air tight container and reheat it before serving. It stayed good for 3 days.

Apple Crisps

Ingredients: (varies according to your required quantity)

4 medium Apples (I used Granny Smith)
1 cup of flour
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 tsp of cinnamon powder

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.

In a bowl, add all the ingredients and with the help of two knives (as shown in t he video) or your fingers make them to a crumble mixture.

Peel the apples and cut them into slices removing the center part.

In a baking dish, spread these sliced apples and top it with the crumbled mixture.

Bake it for 50 - 55 min, until the apples are well cooked and the top is golden brown.

Cool it for 5 min and then serve with a scoop of Ice cream of your choice.

If serving for a party, prepare this dessert well ahead and refrigerate it in an air tight container. Just before serving, reheat the apple crisp and enjoy!

12 comments:

Sounds simple but lovely,i am always scared of working with apples coz they tend to blacken so easily,thts why i always end up eating them plain :-(

Can I join in this party? Nice way to use up apples other then just eating them as it is.

Thats a lovely Dessert..easy too..:)
I guess this one can come in for my RFRU Desserts evet..Do check out Sangeeth..:)

Great idea to eat apples..Easy to make recipe.Looks lovely

nice and delicious..i dont have butter now..otherwise i would have treid this immediately..

I'm actually going to make a blueberry crisp tonight - no apples in the house. :>

HI,can u plz give me the recipe of pineapple halwa,yesterday I taste it,its very yummy.thanx in advance

Thanks all...
Teressa...do let me know how the blue berry crisps come out :)

Ruchi,

I have a recipe for Pumpkin halwa...but I haven't tries pineapple halwa yet. So w ill surely give you once I make it.

Nice recipe.. Very informative,Hey, great post. Really great tips for beginners,Thanks...Very informative website with important details.
This article does help with me learning how to swim. here we are also having some cooking article plz visit..thanks

Hi Sangeeth, What a delicious and simple recipe. I love desserts with apple, so I am sure I am going to enjoy this one. Cheers!

Apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts, it's so good year-around!

very nice .. thanks a lot for the post