SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

11.09.2008

Corn Paratha with Onion Raita - Recipe from a reader

I am very excited. Yes this is my first recipe which I received from one of my readers through the submit a recipe form. This Corn Paratha with Onion Raita recipe is from 'Chinar Pandya'. I am very happy to share the recipe with you all.

Corn Paratha is actually new to me. I have never tried Corn Paratha. After reading the recipe, I feel that it is worth a shot and will try as soon as possible. Do let us know if you have already tried this Corn Paratha.

Ingredients for Corn Paratha:

1 cup sweet corn, boiled(only shred whole beans, don't grate)
1 onion chopped
1 small green chilli
A tiny piece of ginger
Salt to taste
coriander leaves
1 cup Wheat Flour

Ingredients for Onion Raita:

2-3 medium sized onions
1 bowl of Yogurt
10-12 peanuts(fried and powdered)
Sugar and Salt to taste
coriander leaves
2 teaspoons oil
1 tsp cumin seeds

Method:

Take boiled corn in a bowl. Add chopped onion,green chilly, grated ginger, salt and coriander leaves.

Put it aside.

Now make paratha dough with flour, and use the above mixture as a stuffing and make parathas out of it.

Take a look at how to make plain paratha recipe, in which I have explained the step by step method of preparing Parathas.

Onion Raita
(I wanted to add a picture so I added my old Raita Picture)

How to make Onion Raita:

Now take Yogurt in a bowl.

Add sugar and salt to taste.

Add peanuts powder just enough to thicken it.

Grate onions and add in the mixture.

Also add coriander leaves.

Now take 2 tsp oil in a pan and heat. Add cumin seeds to it and keep on heat for half a minute.

Let the oil come to room temperature, add the same to cold yogurt.

It tastes best with parathas.

I Thank Chinar Pandya for sharing this recipe with us. Keep them coming!

I request all my readers to make use of the Submit a recipe form and share all your great recipes with us. Please include a picture of your recipe too. It helps us to relate to the recipe.

4 comments:

Corn parathas seems to be very easy...interesting one...good one dear reader..

Lovely! they taste awesome with grated cheese. Unfortunately fatty :)

Neat idea! Never thought to use corn for parathas. Sounds great! :)

Would like to invite you for a coffee at My blog
Pls join me :)