SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.14.2008

Coconut Cookies Recipe

I love the coconut biscuits sold in the shop near my house in India. They are the best cookies I have ever tastes. Chewy and tasty! Recently I came across a coconut cookies recipe in a book and I wanted to try that and see if it tasted like the one which I used to love.




What the heck? I have my husband to eat whatever I cook. Poor guy he has no choice. I know I am not going to lose anything for trying. I have become somewhat skeptical after my Monster cookie experience. But, that is never going to stop me. And I am happy that I tried. These cookies came out perfect and my husband loved them too. Hey, after all the hard work we put in, a kind word of appreciation especially from our husband is what we need. Isn't it?

Here is the Coconut Cookies recipe for you,

Ingredients:

1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp of vanilla essence
1 egg OR 1/4 cup silken Tofu
1/4 cup of grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup of Sweetened coconut (especially used to bake)



Method:

Preheat the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

In a bowl, beat the eggs for 2 min in high and 1 min in low. Now add sugar and beat well.

Add butter and vanilla essence and mix with the help of a beater for 1 min.

Add both the coconut and mix well till the coconut is coated with the dough.

In a baking sheet, place a spoonful of dough.

Do not flatten the dough. Make sure that they do not have any particular shape. This really helps as the coconut will give a dimensional look to the cookie.

Bake it for 10 -12 min at 375 degrees.

Remove it from the oven, cool it and remove it using spatula.

Store it in an air tight container and enjoy!

13 comments:

A kind word of appreciation from fellow bloggers is what you need too...Lovely cookies. I like them and though I cannot taste them, it looks delicious.

send some across dear.. i love coconut cookies! is it possible to replace maida with wheat flour?

@mahimaa,

I think you can. I have never tried it that way though. Let me know if you try these with wheat flour.

cookies look cute and yummy .....

Very nice Sangeeth, I too tried today :).

I wud like to answer Mahima. If you will relace it to wheat flour than cookies wont be much crunchy. I did so today. They r very very soft while eating.

Thanks bhawana for answering on my behalf!

I adore coconut. These would make a perfect afternoon snack with a cup of coffee.

yummy cookies. love anything with coconut.

Very nice, Sangeeth. They look delicious.

Wow, they have come out really well, guess if you would have used a nosselled bag it would definitely look like shop sold cookies...

Delicious cookies Sangeeth..I love those chewy coconutty cookies we get here,in India.gonna try it out soon..!!