SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

6.02.2008

How to Peel a Kiwi Fruit? - The simple and easiest way.

When I was browsing through Foodbuzz, I came across this excellent and useful video. It was by Atomic shrimp. The easiest way to peel a kiwi fruit - This was the title and no wonder it caught my attention as I usually struggle peeling kiwi. I assumed that it is going to be one more video using a special peeler or is an advertisement for a kitchen product. Though I was having a lot of hesitation, the title urged me to watch the video. I have embedded the video that atomic kitchen has uploaded. Watch the video and you will definitely find it very useful and understand why I was so very impressed. It is really for those who struggle peeling anything for that matter. Do let me and Atomic shrimp know how useful was the video.


The Easiest Way To Peel A Kiwifruit - The best home videos are here

Some useful information about Kiwifruit
Kiwifruit, originally known as the Chinese Gooseberry are oval, about the size of a large hen's egg (5–8 cm / 2–3 in long and 4.5–5.5 cm / 1¾–2 in diameter). Kiwifruit is a rich source of vitamin C, 1.5 times the DRI scale in the US. Its potassium content by weight is slightly less than that of a banana. It also contains vitamins A and E. The skin is a good source of flavonoid antioxidants. The kiwifruit seed oil contains on average 62% alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.[8] Usually a medium size kiwifruit contains about 46 kilocalories, 0.3-gram fats, 1 gm proteins, 11 gm carbohydrates, 75 mg vitamins and 2.6 grams dietary fiber.

Kiwifruit is often reported to have mild laxative effects, possibly because of the high level of dietary fibre. Know more about Kiwifruit

10 comments:

that's a good video, Sangeeth! I always wondered how to peel a kiwi fruit. Thanks!

Nice video....thanx for the information.

That is useful info about the fruit

hey sangeeth fist of all sorry couldnt reply these days.. thanks for d award and adding me in... and dont know if u know iam crazy abt kiwi... i tried it right away .. and its so cool .. thanks buddy....will get back posting today

that was so easy..and to think I struggled so long :D

gr8... the peeler is out and the teaspoon is in :)

That is useful information..thanks for sharing...

Hey first time here,
What a useful video. I always struggle wit kiwi as well and end up eating a good inch of the peel just out of frustration.
-Aparna

Hi Sangeeth, So simple and yet so useful. Chopping fruits the right way is an art, thanks for sharing this method.