SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

5.12.2008

Mullu Murukku - A Rice flour snack recipe

Mullu  MurukkuMullu Murukku is one of my mother's best recipe. She does this for festivals and we love to eat them. When I was small she used to ask my help in preparation. I always had an excuse. But now I realized what I missed. Cooking is such a pleasure. It gives me a lot of satisfaction too. This mullu murukku can be eaten as side dish or just like any other snack. It is very crispy and tasty. It really takes less than 20mts to prepare this snack and it surely is very delicious.

Ingredients:

3 cups of Rice flour (store bought can be used) else Washed Rice, Dry and Powder it

1 cup of Dal flour 1 cup. (Fry one cup Channa dal and Moong dal on empty tawa till red, Cool and Powder it )

2 tsp Butter

1/2 tsp Sesame seeds

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

Salt to taste

Hing

warm water to make the dough

Oil to deep fry.


Method:

Sieve Rice and Dal flour together.

Add Salt, cumin seeds, Butter and Sesame seeds and mix well.

Mix with warm water like Puri dough.

Put some of this dough in the Murukku maker (Apply little Oil in the murukku maker beforehand so that the dough does'nt stick) and press it into hot oil.

Deep fry these Murukkus till golden brown.

Cool and store in air tight containers.

2 comments:

Hi,

One of my pal was searching for this recipe. I was too glad when I found this in your blog and have asked her to pass by your blog for the recipe.

ThankYou