SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.05.2008

Navaratri Series- Sundal and Sweet, Day 6

I really miss Golu! So I asked my cousin to send a picture taken from his golu and here it is.



It has 5 steps and usual dolls. The Dasavatharam, Kalyana set (my fav) and also Ashta lakshmi dolls. These dolls will mostly be sitting in the steps of golu in almost all the houses. Then comes the god and goddesses dolls.

Decorating the golu with small light bulbs, serial lights is also very famous. It gives a very rich look! Now for my today's Navaratri Sundal and Sweet,

Tomorrow I will share Golu pictures at my best friend's.

Rajma Sundal (Red Kidney Beans) :




Ingredients:

1 cup Red kidney beans/Rajma
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp of urad dal
1 tsp of channa dal
2 Dry Red chillies OR Green chillies
Few curry leaves
2 tsp of oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp mustard
A pinch of Hing

Method:

Soak the Rajma for 4 to 5 hours. Pressure cook it for 2 hisses.

Add a pinch of salt while pressure cooking Rajma.

In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds. When it pops add hing powder.

Add the urad and channa dal and saute. Add curry leaves and green chillies.

Now add the cooked Rajma/Red Kidney Beans and mix well.

Now add the shredded coconut and check for salt. If needed add some more salt.

The Rajma/Red kidney beans sundal is ready!

Now for the sweet, I am sharing Beetroot Halwa for today as Navaratri special sweet recipe.



Checkout my other Navaratri special recipes.

2 comments:

Sundal and Beetroot halwa are looking great! Golu looks so colorful..

Hiya, Here are a few more Sundals to add to your collection...

http://ramkicooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/100-idiot-proof-sundal-dry-lentil-curry.html

/Happy cooking !