SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.17.2008

Witch's Broomstick- Halloween Cookie Recipe

Oh Yes! These are the cookies I tried few weeks back and failed miserably! You all know the outcome. Yes, the Table Tennis Bat cookies. I still couldn't figure out what went wrong. May be that was not my day! Anyways, I really wanted to share this recipe with you all.

When I read about these cookies in the Woman's Day Magazine (Halloween Celebrations), I was determined to share this Broomstick cookies recipe. But, unfortunately my first trial was a ... (you can fill up whatever you want).

These cookies looked so cute and yummy and tempted me to try again!And so I am going to make these for my friend's Halloween Party! yey! I am all excited. Hope this time it comes out well.


Picture courtesy: Woman's Day (Halloween Celebration) 2007 Magazine.

May be we can get some small witch dolls and make them sit on these cookies. wow! it will look so cute! wont they? It is a simple Halloween cookie recipe which sure will be a hit among kids.

Ingredients: (Makes: 36)

1 bag peanut butter cookie mix

1/3 cup all purpose flour

1 bag of Pretzel sticks

1 tube of Icing (Decorating frosting) of any colour


Method:

Preheat the oven at 375 degree F.

Prepare the cookie mix according to the package direction with the addition of the flour.

Divide it into 36 small portions.

Shape the dough pieces into small triangle of 1/4 inch thick.

Arrange these in the cookie sheet with 2 inch apart.

Insert the pretzel to one end.

Take a fork and press it on the dough to make broom bristles.

Bake for 12 to 15 min.

Cool the cookies and decorate it with the frosting.

Broom Cookie is ready and now we need to wait for the witch to show up! Easy huh?

The mistakes I made the first time baking these Broom cookies:

The dough was very lose so it did not stand properly in the cookie sheet

I did not have pretzel that time so I tried making the stick with the dough itself which was an absolute blunder!

I made them too thin so it was very crispy and broke easily.

Tip:

If the bristles doesn't come properly with fork then don't worry. Bake them and draw them with the frosting. Either way they will look so cute.

If anyone try this Broom cookies, please let me know. I am kind of sentimentally attached to this cookies!

4 comments:

wow, these broomstick cookies look cute for sure! Thanks for the lovely recipe dear.

Sangeeth, that's coming out really good this time...congratulations on sticking with it and trying it out again.

Hi!  My name is Nina Hoffman, and I am Editorial Director for the cooking and recipe website, RecipeLion.com.  I was searching for Halloween cookie recipes to write about, and I came across your blog post for Witch's Broomstick Cookies.  I thought it would be fun to feature them, so I've linked to it from my blog post. You can check it out here:

http://blog.recipelion.com/9-fun-halloween-cookie-recipes/




Feel free to link to it as well. Thanks much, and have a happy Halloween!