SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.06.2008

Navaratri series - Sundal and Sweet, Day 7

As told in my yesterday's post, here is the golu from my friends house. She is my college mate and like my sister! I love her so much. Her name is Madhura!







Treat for your eyes is over! Now coming to treat for your tongue! Today's Navaratri special is,

Payaru/Whole gram dal sundal:




Ingredients:

1 cup Payaru/Whole gram dal
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 tsp of urad dal
1 tsp of channa dal
2 Dry Red chillies OR Green chillies
Few curry leaves
2 tsp of oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp mustard
A pinch of Hing

Method:

Soak the Payaru/whole gram dal for 4 to 5 hours. Pressure cook it for 1 hisses.

Add a pinch of salt while pressure cooking. Do not over cook.

In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds. When it pops add hing powder.

Add the urad and channa dal and saute. Add curry leaves and green chillies.

Now add the cooked payaru and mix well.

Now add the shredded coconut and check for salt. If needed add some more salt.

The Payaru/Whole gram dal sundal is ready!

And the sweet is Rice pudding/Arisi Payasam




Checkout my other Navaratri special recipes

6 comments:

I am so thankful for the list of recipes you have given. I plan to go through them and try some.

koluvu looks great yaar,i think being in us,also ur following ur system,great yaar...

The golu is so charming. Your friend is very efficient.
Did you keep one at your home here?

the kolu looks lovely... Happy Navarathri

wow you are making sundal and sweets everyday.. great occasion to enjoy!!