SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

8.06.2008

Eggless Vanilla Nuts Cookie/Biscuit

With all the voting going on for the Eat healthy event, I am full of excitement. Thanks to all. Do vote for your favourite protein rich recipe before 10th Aug'08 in My Blog

When I started my food blog, which is nearly 5 months ago, I came across many blogs dedicated to baking. Initially, I used to think that baking is very tough and you must go to classes to learn the art of baking. But with the help of my other foodie friends, I am now proudly presenting my first ever baked cookie/biscuit.

Though, I prayed God that these cookies must come out well, I whole heartily believed in the recipe given to me by my neighbour. Yes! I made Eggless Vanilla Nuts Cookie/Biscuit. Why vanilla? By now, everyone who knows about me must be aware that I am a great Vanilla fan. Be it Vanilla Milkshake, Vanilla Ice cream or Vanilla Cake, I will be the first in the queue. So, my first cookies are also of Vanilla flavour.

Before coming to the US, I am more familiar with biscuits than cookies. I thought both are different. But now, I know it is just a way of calling them. Its name derives from the Dutch word koekje or (informal) koekie which means little cake, and arrived in the English language through the Dutch in North America. It spread from American English to British English where biscuit is still the more general term. Being an Indian, we have more of a British influence, in anything we do.

This is one of the simplest cookie and perfectly suitable for a newbie in baking like me.


Now for my Eggless Vanilla Nuts Cookie recipe,

Ingredients:

1 Cup All purpose flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup nuts (I used Mixed Nuts.You can use anything)
1 cup Butter/Ghee



Method:

In a bowl mix the all purpose flour, sugar,nuts and baking powder.

Melt the Butter and pour it into the bowl and mix it with the flour when hot.

Add Vanilla essence and mix well and form a dough. Make the cookies in whatever shape you want.

Preheat the Oven to 325 degree F for 10 min.

Place the cookies in the cookie tray and bake it in the oven at 325 degree F for 10 min.

Allow it to cool. Serve it as dessert or a snack.

Note: This cookie is more crispy and tasty if consumed after 1 day.

17 comments:

those are lovely cookies Sangeeth. I am a vanilla fan too.

Eggless cookies are yummy :) Good one Sangeet!

Cookies are looking yum sangeetha!

added u to my blog roll sangeetha!

congrats on your first cookies..they looks great!!!!

hi sangeeth i knw how it feels..when we prepare somethin for the first tim,.btw cookies look yum,.

Lovely cookies Sangeeth..I too,started baking recently and let me tell you-it is addictive;-).Got to try your recipe soon..!!

I love vanilla cookies and yours looks delicious :)

I have also not made cookies so far. I am inspired by you to try my hand at it.

eggless.. that is cool. looks great!

Vanilla cookies lok really great! bookmarked

It looks tempting. I love eating cookies and I am very impressed with your recipe. I'll try this one. Thanks!

Congrats on the bake! The cookies sound delicious.

Nice cookies Sangeeth. Leave the link in the recipe submit form, I'll include it in the eggless cookies list.

Yummy crunchy cookies...welcome anytime:)

Dear Sangeeth, the following is the link I mentioned earlier.
http://www.egglesscooking.com/eggless-baking-recipes/eggless-recipe-submit-form/