SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

8.12.2008

Featured Blog of the Month - Aug '08

This is the first time I am featuring any blog in mine. When I was thinking what I can do to encourage our fellow bloggers, this is the first idea that came to my mind. Each foodie is special in their own way. Working hard to keep the blog running, taking eye catching pictures - A life of a food blogger is more busy than what we think. I conducted an Eat Healthy - Protein Rich Contest in my blog and the blog with the most entries to that contest will be honoured and featured in my blog. This is done just as a token of appreciation.

My first winner is Srilekha of Sriskitchen. She was so kind and sent a total of 27 entries to the contest. She deserves more than this. I am happy to share some facts about our winner.



Srilekha, being an Indian, is from the "Temple City",Madurai, Tamilnadu. She has completed MCA and was working for a concern. After marriage she quit her job.'I want to enjoy the real beauty of married life', she says with no regret.She is a mom of a 1 yr and 11 months old son Amiitesh and a full time home maker.

When asked ' How did your blog come to life?', she answers with a smile,'when I feel very bored and depressed to be at home round the clock, my hubby recommended me to prepare a blog about something which I love more and I don't know anything about blog at that time and now I have lot of friends in blogosphere and I chat with them. so my hubby inspired me a lot to start with this cooking blog!

Now I too have launched an event and i have 200 posts in my blog and my blog is just about 5 months old but visitors count has hit about 11000 and more.'
Great going srilekha. Our best wishes for your success.

Now coming to the rapid fire questions,

Hobby: I like to listen to melody songs , go for shopping and play with my son. Cooking is my passion!

Inspiration: My mom is my inspiration for cooking. Without my mom, am nothing. I learnt cooking from her. All the recipes in my blog are all iwhat I learnt from her.
Favourite Place: I love nature and hill stations
Favorite color: sky blue and baby pink
Favorite food item: chilly paratha and chilly idli
Favourite Music: Currently enjoying AR Rahman's music but can't forget all the melody hits of Ilayaraja.
Goal: I want to go for a job soon and achieve something in my field
Good luck with it dear srilekha!
Advice/Suggestions to new blogger: Do your jobs with utmost interest and dedication and surely you people will rock one day!

Now coming to the 27 entries she sent for Protein rich event.





Keerai Poriyal by Me and My Kitchen
Keerai kootu by Me and My Kitchen
Keerai Saaru by Me and My Kitchen
Parupu urundai kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
Broad beans kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
Broad Beans Poriyal by Me and My Kitchen
Raddish Kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
Raddish sambhar by Me and My Kitchen
Cauliflower 65 by Me and My Kitchen
Broken Egg Kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
passiparupu sambhar by Me and My Kitchen
Rawa Upma by Me and My Kitchen
Sweet puri by Me and My Kitchen
Masala pori by Me and My Kitchen
Aamavadai by Me and My Kitchen
Whole black gram and coconut kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
cauliflower kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
Green Peas Pulao by Me and My Kitchen
Keera kozhambhu by Me and My Kitchen
Curd Rice by Me and My Kitchen
Chicken Briyani by Me and My Kitchen
Bread Upma by Me and My Kitchen
Chicken Chukka by Me and My Kitchen
Chicken Chalna by Me and My Kitchen
Peeper Chicken by Me and My Kitchen
Chicken Kozhambu by Me and My Kitchen
Chickpeas sundal by Me and My Kitchen
Vegetable Sambhar by Me and My Kitchen
Soy Beans Curry by Me and My Kitchen


This blog will be featured for a month. Hope you all give support to both my blog and srilekha's blog.

10 comments:

thanks a ton Sangeeth for taking effort and posting about me in ur blog! can't express my happiness and it means a lot for me!

Thats a nice post sangeetha..

Wonderful Job... great going ... Best wishes to Srilekha and Sangeeth:)

A good thing to encourage fellow bloggers Sangeeth.Wishes to Srilekha also!

nice post sangeeth..i appreciate ur work ...

You have done a gr8 job. You have featured the personality behind along with the blog. Nice to know more about Srilekha.

Nice post sangeeth...that is something really nice to do. thks for trying my date and banana shake and ur support and encouragement.

First,Sangeeth superb layout change...Then Wonderful roundup of ur own recipes for AFAM and curry mela

Wow..27 entries..cool! Good post..nice to learn more about Sri :)