SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

7.31.2008

Baked/Fried Vegetable Cutlet and an update


It has been months that I have prepared this vegetable cutlet. It is one of my hubby's favourite. Though previously, I used to deep fry it oil, this time I tried baking it. Initially I was skeptical about baking, as I am still learning as a baker. Seeing a lot of bakers and their blogs I got inspired and decided to bake it. I was lucky! The Vegetable cutlet turned out to be very tasty and great looking.

With no further delay, here is the recipe of Baked/Fried Vegetable Cutlet

Ingredients:

1 cup of vegetables which includes Beans, carrot, Peas, cauliflower, Potato
1 tbsp of chick peas
1 tsp of chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/4 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
1 tbsp of cashew nuts (optional)
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of cumin powder
1 tsp of cumin seeds
A pinch of Hing
1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste
Oil for deep frying. If baking, you will need 2 tsp of oil to prepare the mixture.

To dip:

A thin mixture of 1 tbsp of all purpose flour and water.

To Coat:

1 cup of bread crumbs

Method:

Pressure cook all the vegetables and chick peas till you get 3 hisses.

Immediately release the pressure and remove the vegetables from the cooker.

Separate the potato alone and peel and mash it in a bowl.

Place all the other vegetables in a tissue paper and squeeze to remove excess water.

In a Pan, add oil, cumin seeds and saute them. Now add ginger garlic paste and cashew and saute.

Add the vegetables and mix well. Add chilli powder,turmeric powder,cumin and coriander powder and mix well. Now add salt.

Saute them until the water is evaporated.

Now add this mixture to the mashed potato along with finely chopped cilantro and mix well.

Take small amount of this mixture and make it into a cutlet shape, it can be round, oval or heart shaped and dip it in the all purpose flour and water mixture and immediately coat them with bread crumbs. This step needs to be done very quick so that we can prevent the cutlets from absorbing more water.

To Bake the Vegetable cutlet:

Preheat the over to 375 degree F and Place these cutlets in the baking pan for 15 -20mts.

Now remove the pan and turn the cutlets and bake it for another 15 mts.

Remove and serve hot with Chilli/Tomato sauce.

To Fry the Vegetable cutlet:

In a Pan, add enough oil and deep fry them until they are brown.

Serve hot with Chilli/Tomato sauce.

Note: In either case, make sure that the cutlet mixture has less moisture it in. This will help in getting a crispy vegetable cutlet.

Regarding the Update:

I am very happy with the overwhelming response to the Eat Healthy Protein rich contest. I have totally received 170 entries which includes 2 of my own entries. I am currently working on the round up and will soon post the mega round up. Also I have a winner whose blog will be featured in my blog for a month. I will reveal the details of this winner in my round up but as of now just wanted to share that she has sent me 27 entries. Keep guessing...

As for the winner of $20 gift card, I will select the top 5 recipes ( The number may increase as I find many interesting recipes) and you all need to vote! These recipes will be selected based on the uniqueness and the amount of protein content and also originality. The voting poll will be open soon in my blog. Come back to get more details on the round up.


A VERY BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED ME MAKE THIS CONTEST A GREAT SUCCESS!

I will be posting the topic for next month event asap.

19 comments:

They sound yummy indeed so it's no wonder it has become your hubby's favourite.

oh wow! baked cutlets are new to me! nice one!!

wow!baked cutlets sound so intresting...and thanks for visiting my blog

Sounds yummy,looking forward to the round up too :)

baked cutlets looks fabulous...yum

I usually just shallow fry them but they do have taste yummy when deep-fried.. I think the baking will work perfectly - thanks for a great idea

baked,..cutlets,..sounds good,..something new to try,.sangeeth i used squuze bottles the one used to keep ketchups in restaurents for jalebi preparataion,..:-)

Wow..170 entries great going..An dthe cutlets are my fav..Will try baking them

nice cutlet sangeeth. thks for visiting my blog...the date banana shake is really very tasty I am sure u would enjoy it.

i love cutlets and baked version makes them so healthy....170 entries thats a great number

baked cutlets look great..:-)

dunno where my first comment went.. baked cutlets look great! looking fwd to the round up

I love these! Quick get that plate out before I finish them off!

Waiting for the great round-up with all those healthy recipes

Baked cutlets something new to me. Hmm going to try out. I added u r blog to the list.

Baked cutlets! that's a yummy idea!

Happy friendship day to you.

Oh my God!!! that's really a very big roundup!!! really u r too patient to do such a work!!! keep it up!