SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

5.28.2008

Onion Roti recipe


I was thinking of what to cook for lunch yesterday. Roti again? I was wondering how I can prepare roti differently. Then remembered 'Roti mela'. Wow! how many varieties of roti till now...amazing..thanks Srivalli for conducting such a useful and fun event. So here is my onion roti. A simple variation from the normal roti preparation. I found it very tasty and this goes to Srivalli's Roti Mela.

Ingredients:
1 cup wheat flour
water to prepare dough
salt to taste
1 onion finely chopped
1/4 cup of cilantro finely chopped
2 green chillies finely chopped
A pinch of hing
2 flakes of garlic finely chopped
1-2tsp oil

Method:

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Add water little by little and knead the dough.

This is same as that of a normal roti preparation.

Now, as usual take a small round ball of dough, roll it to whatever shape you want and cook it on both sides with the help of Tawa/griddle.

Serve hot with side dish of your kind.

10 comments:

Nice variation with the onion roti.

and yes, now i have to research on cassava also....new recipe to me

onion roti looks really good..nice entry:)

adding onions is a great idea sangeeth

That must've smelt delicious while cooking & tasted delicious too! :)

hi,
first time to ur blog..
Onion roti looks lovely..

I make these chapathis when I get bored with usual ones. Nice recipe.

How did you get my secret :)

This is my lazy, didn't shop, don't have anything at home breakfast

onion roti looks gr8...now im really feeling hungry :).thanks for sharing

nice one...looks delicious ..