SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

4.10.2008

Curd Rice Recipe


Today I kind of felt very tired so did not cook lunch for my husband. But then I had to eat something for lunch. My all time favourite dish is curd rice and I thought I will eat the same. It is one of the dish which requires very less of work from our side. Most of the time, when I do not have mood to prepare food for me I will go with curd rice.

Ingredients:

2 cups rice
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 cups of plain yogurt
1 sprig curry leaves
1tsp urad dal
1tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies, chopped finely
2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped finely
1 small piece of ginger chopped finely
2 dry red chilli, cut into pieces
A pinch of hing(asoefetida)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon cooking oil/ghee

Method:

Cook the rice with water in 1:3 ratio.
Mix the ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies to the cooked rice.
Add salt and yogurt to the rice and mix well.
In a seasoning pan, add ghee/oil. Add mustard seeds, when it pops add cumin seeds and hing.
Now add urad dal and dry red chillies. Then add curry leaves.
Allow the seasoning to cool. Then add it to the curd rice and mix well.
Serve with hot pickle.