SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

4.29.2008

Bhel Puri Recipe


I went on a trip to Knoxville to meet my friend Rekha. We were together in middle and high school. We had loads of fun and most importantly she cooked me a lot of my favourite dishes. I am very happy to share her recipes here. One of my all time favourite chat is 'Bhel Puri'. When ever I want to eat chat it will always be Bhel puri. I love this dish and rekha prepared it for me on my birthday.
Ingredients:
Puffed rice 4 cups
Sev 2 cups
Onion 1 no finely chopped
Mango 1/2 cup finely chopped.
Turmeric 1 tsp
Potatoes 2 nos boiled,peeled & cubed salt,
chilli pwd acc to taste
fried Ground nuts 1/4cup
Armature powder 1tsp
Black salt - 1tsp
Chips (Powdered) 1 cup
cilantro - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chutney
sweet chutney
Method :
For Green chutney:
Cilantro 1/2 bunch
Mint 1/2 bunch
green chillies 6 nos
salt & lemon juice.
Blend all the above to a fine paste & reserve.
Sweet/sour chutney:
Tamarind extract 1 cup
Brown sugar 1 Tbsp.
Cumin Powder 2 tsp.
Chilli Powder 2 Tsp.
Salt Acc to taste
Boil the above till they reduce by half & cool.Grind it to smooth consistency.
Note: Instead of sweet chutney you can also use Maggi hot and sweet sauce.
Bhel puri:
Mix all the ingredients & serve in an individual plates immediately.

0 comments: