SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

3.26.2008

Peas Pulao Recipe


My favourite vegetarian main dish is peas pulao. It is very simple to prepare and delicious to eat. I make sure that I prepare this dish atleast once a week. I love it so much. Now lets go to the recipe.This recipe is for 2 person. Preparation time:30mts


Ingredients
2 cups of white basmati rice (soaked in water for 15-20mts)
1 1/2 cups of frozen green peas, thawed
1 small onion sliced
1 tsp jeera(cumin) seeds
3 garlic flakes, crushed finely
1 small piece of ginger, crushed finely
1-2 cloves
1 small piece cinnamon, broken into pieces
2-3 cardamoms
2 tablespoon ghee(clarified butter)
Salt to taste
2 tsps coriander leaves , chopped finely
1 tablespoon cashewnuts, chopped

3 cups of water

Method
Heat the ghee in the rice cooker .

Add the cardamoms, cinammon, jeera, cloves and onions.
Fry till the onions turn transparent.
Now add the peas and mix well.
Add the basmati rice to this mixture and fry for 30 seconds.

Add the required amount of water (1and 1/2 cup for 1 cup of rice) and salt and allow it to cook.

After the dish is cooked, garnish it with fried cashews and finely chopped coriander.

Eat when hot with a vegetable or meat side dish.


You can also do this dish by preparing the rice seperately and adding the onion mixture to it. My method is to use the rice cooker as it eases my work.


Happy cooking!

1 comments:

Dear Sangu,
I am still reading throuhg your blog. It looks so tasty and I am sure it will taste even better. I am kind of bitten by the cokking bug after reading your blog...i am going to try Dhokla today and i will let you know how it comes out...Great work Sangu!!!! Keep it up and please do continue to post your recipes for all of us!!!!
Lots of Loveeeeeee
Aruna