SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

5.13.2008

Mango Lassi


A refreshing drink in summer is always appreciated. Lassi is a very famous Indian drink made with yogurt. You can do different kinds of lassi and today I did one with mango, yes Mango lassi.

Ingredients:
1/4 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
4 number Ice cubes
1 cup Plain yogurt
1 cup Ripe mango (chopped)
2 tbsp Sugar (add more sugar if you want your lassi to be more sweet)
a pinch of salt

Method:
Peel and chop mango into medium slices.
Blend it with the help of blender.
Add all other ingredients and blend till smooth.
Refrigerate before drinking or add crushed ice if desired.

You may wonder why salt? I always add a pinch of salt to any sweet. It brings out the sweetness more. Try it, you won't regret.

10 comments:

Oh tea! I'm so glad I found your site. I always wanted to be able to make this. It's my favorite. You should submit it to my Veg Head caarnival, details are in my sidebar. What other fruit can I use?

You can use strawberries too. They too taste delicious :)

Yum... mango lassi! This looks really great. I can't wait to try it. :)

Sounds so delicious. I love mangos, can't wait to try the recipe. Btw, your site is looking good.

new type . innovative. delicious.very happy to know your flair for cooking.

Thanks Sangeeth. I just love it when a comment pops in. This blog has been an mazing journey. all the best. The cardamom powder seems like a good touch. I too prefer a touch of salt in lassi

Oh wow, we are also in the middle of the mango season in the Philippines. I have been using mangoes in most the dishes I can. The mango lassi sounds delicious as well as refreshing.